• May 19, 2019, 01:18:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Veterans Claims  (Read 6182 times)

Offline brucerobbins

• Shipmate
Re: Veterans Claims
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 11:39:13 AM »
Does anyone remember when the Captain and Exo spotted a barrel with bright orange stripes floating in Tonkin Gulf in the summer of 1965 and decided to practice some small arm target practice? After the barrel was punctured several time an odorous fluid came out of the barrel and they decided it was Napalm an decided to leave the area at flank speed. I believe the contents were actually agent orange (which was unknown to us at the time) and the odor that filled the lower decks of the ship exposed many of us to the chemical, Several aircraft carriers (e.g. The Coral Sea) ferried these mostly leaky barrels from the states. I am trying to find witnesses that remember this incident as I have high BP and have had kidney cancer (the first in my family) and highly suspect this was a direct cause, but the VA will probably deny it anyway because we did not have "boots on the ground" in Nam. Please contact me if you remember this incident at brucerobbins1@aol.com

Offline David Price

• Shipmate
  • Where's "Batman"?
Veterans Claims
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 16:32:41 PM »
Hello to All,
               This is to inform thoes who may not know about veterans claims and or benifits and need help. I joined the NAVY in 1964-1970 ('67-'69 abord AVM-1) and during the discharge process I asked for my disability for the loss of fingers while abord the USS King DLG-10 ('64-'67 -3 tours on-station). My last year was spent in LARKS/Da Nang(1 tour in-country), four (4) tours total. I was denided any compinsation what so ever! After almost 30yrs of living and then Doctors saying to apply for SSD, due to worn out body parts.This was once again denided by the VA. In short I have since filed my own claim. Became involved with the DISABLED AMERICAN VETERANS
and am COMMANDER DAV#32 for 6-years/ Chapter Service Officer  w/9 years of experiance of helping veterans with there needs.

David Price DC3

David Price     
         COMMANDER/CSO 
  DISABLED AMERICAN VETERANS
        HERMAN ROGERS #32