• September 19, 2019, 12:21:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ATTN - 2008 SAN DIEGO REUNION ATTENDEES  (Read 6941 times)

Offline Mark D

• Administrator
  • OOD
Re: ATTN - 2008 SAN DIEGO REUNION ATTENDEES
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 08:22:35 AM »
As of this morning, 7 of our shipmates and 11 White Plains shipmates have fallen victim to this credit card theft.

I received word from Peter Lassalette, General Manager of the Handlery that they have narrowed the problem down to the company that processes their credit card transactions. The Handlery has 2 locations and Mr. Lassalette confirmed reports of credit card fraud from both locations, which isolates it to the processing company. An investigation has been launched and the authorities are involved.

Mr. Lassalette told me that if anyone had any questions, they could contact him directly at (619) 398-8343 or his financial manager Michelle Gratano at (619) 298-0511. Regardless, if you suspect a problem, please contact the SDPD to file a report.
FC1(SW), WF / CF Division, 1986 - 1990
USS King (DLG-10/DDG-41) Association Historian

Offline Mark D

• Administrator
  • OOD
Re: ATTN - 2008 SAN DIEGO REUNION ATTENDEES
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 09:34:29 AM »
I just got word that several members of the USS White Plains (AFS-4) Association have also received bogus credit card charges. They held their reunion at the Handlery hotel at the same time we did.

I did not have any bogus charges on my credit card, but my bank gladly re-issued me a new card and canceled the old one - and waived all fees.

I highly recommend that anyone who attended the San Diego reunion do the same.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Mark Donovan
(302) 222-2091

Offline Mark D

• Administrator
  • OOD
ATTN - 2008 SAN DIEGO REUNION ATTENDEES
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 14:14:13 PM »
It has come to my attention that one of our shipmates had his credit card information stolen while he was at the San Diego reunion in June. He was told by his credit card company that the only way this level of information could have been obtained is by physically copying the magnetic strip from the original card. He said the only place he used that card was at the Handlery.

My advice is to check your credit card statements very carefully and contact your credit card company immediately if something doesn't look right.

You can go to http://www.identitytheft.org/ for more information on how to protect yourself from identity theft.