• December 10, 2018, 20:50:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Veterans History Project  (Read 3647 times)

Offline Mark D

• Administrator
  • OOD
Veterans History Project
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 07:09:04 AM »
The Library of Congress has set up the Veterans History Project. Here's the description:

The Veterans History Project (VHP) collects and preserves the remembrances of American war veterans and civilian workers who supported them. These collections of first-hand accounts are archived in the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress for use by researchers and to serve as an inspiration for generations to come. The Project collects remembrances of veterans who served in World War I, World War II, the Cold War, Korean War, Vietnam War, Persian Gulf War (1990-1995), or Afghanistan and Iraq conflicts (2001-present). U.S. citizen civilians who actively supported war efforts (such as war industry workers, USO workers, flight instructors, medical volunteers, defense contractors, etc.) are also invited to share their valuable stories. VHP relies on volunteers throughout the nation to collect veterans? stories on behalf of the Library of Congress. These stories are made available to researchers and the general public, both at the Library in Washington, D.C., and via the VHP website.

Since the USS King was very actively involved in the Vietnam War, I'm certain there are many of you out there with stories to tell. If you are interested in sharing and participating in this project, you can find more information at their website (http://www.loc.gov/vets/about.html) or you can contact me at historian@uss-king.com.
FC1(SW), WF / CF Division, 1986 - 1990
USS King (DLG-10/DDG-41) Association Historian

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?