• September 15, 2019, 18:57:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Agent Orange  (Read 13200 times)

Offline fredw

• Mid Watch
Re: Agent Orange
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 09:25:01 AM »
Jerry by virtue of the fact that they were on board any time that the King entered DaNang harbor all crew recieved direct exposure to agent orange.
Fred
I doubt that anyone on the ship contracted Agent Orange. I was exposed in country in 1968-69 as a combat photographer riding boats on the rivers.

Jerry Cook
Plank owner 1960
Fred Wright

Offline brucerobbins

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 11:37:27 AM »
Does anyone remember when the Captain and Exo spotted a barrel with bright orange stripes floating in Tonkin Gulf in the summer of 1965 and decided to practice some small arm target practice? After the barrel was punctured several time an odorous fluid came out of the barrel and they decided it was Napalm an decided to leave the area at flank speed. I believe the contents were actually agent orange (which was unknown to us at the time) and the odor that filled the lower decks of the ship exposed many of us to the chemical, Several aircraft carriers (e.g. The Coral Sea) ferried these mostly leaky barrels from the states. I am trying to find witnesses that remember this incident as I have high BP and have had kidney cancer (the first in my family) and highly suspect this was a direct cause, but the VA will probably deny it anyway because we did not have "boots on the ground" in Nam. Please contact me if you remember this incident at brucerobbins1@aol.com

Offline photojerry

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 15:52:05 PM »
I doubt that anyone on the ship contracted Agent Orange. I was exposed in country in 1968-69 as a combat photographer riding boats on the rivers.

Jerry Cook
Plank owner 1960

Lee Gatewood

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 22:40:33 PM »
Anyone that was on board where the ship was exposed.
  Please make contact with me at 509-594-7798..or via email: tinathelovebug44@yahoo.com....I have questions in regards to this matter..and may have answers to your questions...Thank you fellow shipmates

Offline fredw

• Mid Watch
Agent Orange
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 15:49:50 PM »
Anyone that was on board where the ship was exposed.
Fred Wright